1. Logo: I had some
(The resolution is high enough to be used as a 1024x768 sized wallpaper)
Finally, there was light and The Thinking Blog now has a new identity along with a new tagline: Power Your Brain!
2. Pages: Many suggested that it wasn't too easy to find a way to contact me via email or that I didn't have an about page for the new visitors to look at and find out what the fudge this thing is all about. As you can see from the top navigation bar, there are four new pages added to the site. They are:
- Popular is where you can find the most popular posts (updated monthly) according to the number of comments,
- Endorse is where you can give back a little for the time and effort I’ve put into this site,
- About is where you can find more about The Thinking Blog and what's it about,
- Contact is where you could reach me for tips, bugs, ads and anything else.
3. Code: The majority of the work done in this end was to create a faster page load time. This required eliminating unnecessary scripts, widgets and other items that were unlikely to be used as well as compressing the graphics of the design. Over the past months I have gathered quite some experience with what works and what doesn’t. Here is the comparison of file sizes that are loaded with the old design and the new one:
- Scripts - OLD: 149Kb, NEW: 12Kb, Difference: 137Kb.
- Images - OLD: 111Kb, NEW: 21Kb, Difference: 90Kb.
- Codes - OLD: 44Kb, NEW: 42Kb, Difference: 2Kb.
The template works for almost all resolutions including the rare 800x600! I also wanted to improve compatibility with the different types of internet browsers out there. As far as I'm currently aware of, these are the browsers that are now compatible:
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer 5.5, 6 and 7
Last but not least, I would like to thank all my friends who provided feedback: Aysun, Pearl, AgentSully, Justin, Kurt, Bob, Liz, Ahmed, Francesco, Jeremy, Efendi, Michael, Benedikt, Phil, Brian, Brohans, Susan, Shankar, Kiltak, Jihan, Halil and Wayne Smallman from Octane Interactive.
Oh and I almost forgot to mention another good news: I'm back at delivering your daily dose of