Creative Commons is a non-profit organization that offers an alternative to full copyright. With a Creative Commons license, you keep your copyright but allow people to copy and distribute your work provided they give you credit — and only on the conditions you specify there.
Here are my conditions:
You are free:
- to Share - to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work.
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
- Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
- Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Legal action can (and will) be taken for blog plagiarism but there are also other options:
"What To Do When Someone Steals Your Blog's Content - Blog Plagiarism" by Darren Rowse
"What Do You Do When Someone Steals Your Content" by Lorelle VanFossen
"Dealing With Website Plagiarism: When Someone Copies Your Blog Content?" by Amit Agarwal
Thank you for your co-operation! :)
[Thumbnail image: Comic Art Collective]